Friday, April 24, 2009

Running In Circles











Wow, so it's definitely been a while since I've writting on here. My bad. I've been a little busy. Doing what? Doing lots of stuff! Work, networking, youth group stuff (always fun!), spending time with Collin, and ... I guess that's about it.

Well I guess I can try to get you all caught up on what's been going on. I mean, if there is anyone out there who reads this and doesn't talk to me on a daily/weekly basis. I guess I left you guys off with visiting my cousin and my friend, Matt. Both visits were very interesting. Collin and I always have fun wherever we go. That day I think we had lunch at Chili's. Yeah... because that was like the one time we ate somewhere other than El Fenix and it definitely wasn't entertaining. We had a great time entertaining ourselves. And making fun of Collin's cane. We did get to use his handicapped parking tag for the first time. Usually all the handicapped parking is taken.

After lunch, I headed to Hutchins and spent a few hours at Fire House 2 with Matt and his shift. He gave me a 30 minute tour of the house. No lie... I now know what every compartment on the fire engine is for. It was actually a lot of fun, and the guys pretty much devored the lemon bars I made for them in about 10 minutes.

The rest of that week wasn't as eventful but I guess I survived. Haha. The followig two weeks were good, I had classes at International Dermal Institute on Monday and Tuesday. And I even ran into an old friend from my Paul Mitchell days, so that was really cool! We got to have lunch together and catch up on what we had been doing since graduation.

At the beginning of April I went to West, TX and got to do some moulage make up on the high school kids for their Shattered Dreams program. I was so nervous that I woke up at 2:30 in the morning!! It was crazy because I had never done special effects make up like that, and I was really afraid that I would mess it up! But the most rewarding part of that day was when the kids walked out to the accident scene and I heard some EMTs say "Wow, that moulage is really good!"

So after that I felt pretty much on top of things. Still made sure to see my cousin about ever other week or so. He and Matt actually hadn't met, so we all got to have dinner to together a couple of weeks ago. That was really cool. They sat and talked about Chick fil A all night. I am just so glad God spared my cousin's life. And so glad that Matt was at the hospital the night of the accident.

Last night, Collin and I went to some gala for the Southeast Dallas Chamber. We went, we ate- and then we left. It was kind of funny. We ended up dropping off some stuff at the house he's moving into this weekend. I can hardly believe the accident was 5 months ago. He has come so far.

God has been teaching me so much lately. I can't even explain. Mostly about patience. Especially with work. The last couple of weeks have been good. But I look at my schedule for next week and see that I have no clients booked, and its hard. There are times when I really wonder what I got myself into. But I know God put me here for a reason, and while I don't know what that reason it right now, I know that it's there.

I hope you all have a blessed weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment