Monday, February 16, 2009

Never Again

So another Valentine's Day has come and gone. Although, I have to say, this year was far worse than any other.

I've never had a "valentine" and that's fine with me. I think the whole day is pretty stupid. I don't need Hallmark or anyone else telling me when to send my friends and loved ones gifts and cards. I don't mind doing that stuff for no reason, so don't make up some day and tell me I'm a bad person if I don't mold to the status quo.

Anyways.... so I'm already not a big fan of the day. But, like I said, I usually do something for my friends. Usually a card and a small gift. Well, this year I happened to mail a card to a friend of mine that lives out of town, and it contained references to inside jokes. Nothing inappropriate, just funny.

Well, I worked all day on Saturday and by the time I got home, I was exhausted. When I walked in the house, my mom said that I had mail. I looked at the counter and there was a card-sized envelope with my name on it and the friend's name in the return address. So I immediately thought they had sent me a card as well.

But when I opened the envelope, my stomach dropped to the floor. It was the card I had sent them. They had sent it back. Along with a letter explaining how they felt our friendship was unhealthy and was causing emotional impurity. Needless to say, I was shocked and incredibly hurt. Especially since I had just seen that person a week beforehand and felt that they should have said something then if they weren't comfortable with how things were between us.

I guess I don't have to say that forgiving this person will be next to impossible right now. I value honesty, even if it hurts at the time. It's very difficult for me to see how this person called themself my friend and couldn't find a way to be honest with me.

So yeah, I guess my weekend didn't go very well. I also got sick on top of it all and had to cancel on my clients today. Hopefully I will feel better soon, physically and emotionally.

No comments:

Post a Comment