Monday, January 5, 2009

You Gave Me a Promise

I had a great time in Branson last week. My brother and I got to hang out and celebrate his birthday, and drive around listening to music, and have fun times just out and about. We really did have tons of fun. While I was there, I started wondering about why I still hadn't found a job. And one afternoon I was praying about it. I had finally decided that maybe I would stay in Missouri for an extended amount of time. But I told God that I wanted his will.

His will called me 5 minutes later. Before I left town, I had left a voicemail at a shop that was interested in hiring an esthetician. But I hadn't heard from them. So when the owner called right after I had been prayed, I was floored. The owner and I talked and I told her about my training and she asked me to call her when I got back in town.

So obviously, I didn't stay in Branson as long as I thought I might. I did go over to the shop on Saturday and talk with both owners about the set up and the lease. By the end of our meeting the only real problem I saw was meeting the lease and having to buy the product, linens and equipment. But the owners decided to give me a break on the lease for the first few months, so that eased my apprehension.

I have to say that I am really looking forward to this. Because I am leasing, I pretty much am free to do what I what with my space and I will make my own hours. I was so touched by the sermon on Sunday at my church. He basically said that God has better things out there for us than we could even imagine, we just have to tune in with our hearts and minds to find His will. I have been praying for a job so long, that I couldn't imagine how great this one could be. Stressful, right now with all the orders, but it's a blessing as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment