Thursday, December 11, 2008

The Adventure Begins...

Ok, well, I'm not saying that I'm newly single because, well... I'm not. Definitely not. In fact, yesterday marked one year since I last saw the last guy I dated. So I've been doing this single thing for a while. And I have to say, it wasn't until recently, that I have realized what a blessing it truly can be. I have time to do things and not worry about making time for that significant other. I can decide to become active in a group with church, and not worry how it will affect my relationship. It is actually pretty nice not having to check with someone about everyday things all the time.

Here's the thing- I just recently came into a new thought process. Because I wasn't always thinking like this. I mean, there is no way that I was okay with this lifestyle all the time. And honestly, there are still days when it's a struggle. But I have learned so much in the last few months about God, His love, and about myself, that I'm really learning to be okay with how things are.

A few months ago my friend, Jess, and I were at a BarlowGirl concert and they touched a little bit on dating. And the girl who was speaking was saying that she wanted to date so so much when she was a teen, but God told her no. It wasn't to just keep her physically pure, but emotionally pure, as well. I had never even thought of that. I had never thought of dating as bad...and all of a sudden I realized why God was keeping me single. Because I clearly had a lot to learn.

Time went on, and I read a book called When God Writes Your Love Story. I think the best part was reading about how two close friends decided all they wanted was friendship. The guy even talked to the girl's dad about it because they spent so much time together. And just a few weeks later, they realized they wanted more than friendship. But they had waited on God's timing and with that, came the parent's blessing.

Now, I am in the middle of reading I Kissed Dating Goodbye. And I have to say, it's amazing. It has really touched my heart and I love how the author says that everyone has doubts about God's will for them and their love life. And I love that he is just so black and white with so many issues.

So here I am. 10:41Pm.... wondering to myself how God will put all of my experiences into a perfect love story. Of course, until then, I'm going to be on an awesome adventure of being single and seeing where He takes me.

No comments:

Post a Comment