Tuesday, December 23, 2008

How Far We've Come

So this is the time of year when I usually sit around and think about how life didn't turn out exactly like I thought it would. When I was growing up, I thought "Hey, I'm totally gonna be married by the time I'm 21. And have 1 kid, and etc." And every year God shows me that's just not how it's gonna go.

To be frank, last year I thought my life was going places. I thought I was with the guy who I might end up with, and to me- that was really all that mattered. However, God has shown me that I was really off base. And I'll be the first to admit, that I needed this year to happen.

I needed to have my heart broken. I renewed me relationship with God when someone just up and walked away from me. I needed to be in a classroom for 8 hours a day with some really hateful people. God to showed me that I can witness even when I don't say a word. I needed to work with the youth at my church. I found that just being there for those kids is so important.

God really did show me so much. And I am still learning. But when I look back at this year, and how far I have come in my faith, I am proud. And I am glad, nay- blessed, for all the things God brought me through. Just thought I would share that with everyone. Have a blessed Christmas!

1 comment:

  1. Only in trials and challenges do we grow. Otherwise, we are like a baby labeled with "failure to thrive". We exist, but not to our fullest potential. Contentment is resting in the Hands of God and recognizing He is working His perfect plan in our lives. Paul said it best in Philippians 4:11 (and he said it in the present tense), "I have learned to be content in whatever circumstances I am."

    ReplyDelete